Welcome to Rowja
A Little Town with a Big Heart
Located knee deep in East Texas, Rowja [row-ha, noun] sits midway between the banks of the Sabine River and the shores of beautiful Lake Burton. Our friendly town offers a wide variety of entertainment, history, and recreational activities sure to please your entire family.
In Rowja, you can:
• Tour the unique Rayburn County Courthouse
• Attend a program at our brand new Lupinus Texensis Library—the “Bluebonnet”
• Walk in the footsteps of our beloved Beatrice Beall Burton, a pioneer and heroine of Rowja
• Watch a classic movie or new release at our historic picture show
• Ski, swim, boat, or fish in the nearby lakes, rivers, or creeks
• Root on the Dirt Dobbers in a football, basketball, or baseball game
• Enjoy a malt, hot dog, and other treats at an old-timey soda fountain
• Let one of our expert guides take you on a hunting or fishing expedition
• Shop your way around The Square
• Sample local cuisine at one of our fine restaurants and cafes
These and many other opportunities await you in Rowja. Come see for yourself! We’re just “pining” to have you visit.